Friday, September 27, 2019

Day's Three & Four on Inrebic

Side effects? What side effects?

I haven't been able to answer the question, "Are you experiencing side effects?" because I haven't been sure what all the side effects might be. The paper that came with the meds was very generic - not specifically about Inrebic at all. Dr. Gerds told me that diarrhea was common - but yesterday I wasn't having diarrhea.

I did have a cough and chest congestion. But my son's family and other families in the church had the same thing last week. Seems likely this is a gift from them.

I also had a lot of arthritis pain. But I've been working on getting a bathroom exhaust fan installed in our master bath. Some people probably handle this better than I - but for me it involved multiple (5? 10?) trips into the attic crawl space and some very cramped working conditions. No wonder I'm sore.

But today - day four - I believe I have begun experiencing a true side effect of Inrebic. Sure enough, the diarrhea has arrived! (Got that bathroom exhaust fan installed just in time!)

It could be worse - the cramping is not too terrible. I have made frequent trips to the bathroom, but I haven't exactly spent all day in there. So far I have not even taken Immodium. (Maybe I will do that before bedtime tonight?)

While I could stand to not have diarrhea and I hope it goes away fairly soon, having the one true side effect that I know about is kind of reassuring. The medicine is working in my body like it has in most people for whom it also worked to decrease the symptoms from myelofibrosis.


No comments:

Post a Comment