Tuesday, September 24, 2019

First Day on Inrebic

Since my spleen was very large and I was having some constitutional symptoms like pruritus after showers and some night sweats, I thought Jakafi was not doing much for me. So I didn't expect much of a change when I went off the Jakafi.

Well, I'm here to tell you that my pruritus went wild after only twelve hours without the Jakafi. When I got up from bed and got dressed it started and it was intense. Now we are a few hours down the road and it is not so intense, but it is still stinging me - particularly on my legs.

I took my first dose of 400 mg. of Inrebic at about 6:00 am. This medication has just been approved about a month. The capsules are orange/brown with no markings. They don't have 400 mg. capsules, so you have to take four 100 mg. capsules.

Someone told me not to expect much beneficial action from the med for a few weeks, but I'm sincerely (very sincerely) hoping that it has an early effect on my pruritus. Yowza!

I followed the advice of the pharmacist to take the med with fatty foods. (A benefit already!) So I had bacon and eggs and a buttered English muffin.

A minute after I took the capsules I started to have a bitter taste at the back of my mouth. Eating helped, but now - more than an hour later - I am still having a diminished but noticeable bitter taste.

We will see what the side effects are. They said diarrhea - but my bowels are already messed up because of the package of fig newtons I ate yesterday!  We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment