Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Second Day on Inrebic

As the Jakafi was losing its effectiveness I was having more constitutional symptoms. The worst of it was the pruritus - intense, painful itching - as if you were being eaten by fire ants.

When I stopped taking Jakafi so that I could go on Inrebic, I found out that Jakafi had been working better than I had thought. I suddenly had some terrible attacks that lasted for hours. It was terrifying.
The worst of it was that I didn't know how long Inrebic would take to start working. I figured I might have weeks of these attacks and it was NOT a happy thought.

Well, I do not know for sure that the Inrebic is the cause, but I did not have any serious attacks of pruritus today.  I spent much of the day doing some really dirty and sweaty work that would normally be an invitation for pruritus, but I only had a slight case that lasted about 15 minutes.

I even took a shower after I got all that work done. That is a recipe for a puritus disaster. After you get out of the shower and start to dry - that is when it frequently hits. But not this time. No pruritus!

I say praise the Lord! Evidently the Inrebic is working right off the bat - and that is a very hopeful sign. May it work on into the distant future and get my numbers into even better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment